Registration Is Now Closed
Due to the overwhelming response to our 2016 Workshop for Senior Administrators, we must now close registration, as registrations have exceeded capacity. We are very sorry if this causes any inconvenience. If you or a member of your campus is currently waitlisted our office will contact you regarding the status of your registration before September 7. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the LFP National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 219-464-5317.
The Lilly Fellows Program in Humanities and the Arts presents
The Seventeenth Annual Workshop for Senior Administrators
Uniting Liberal and Professional Learning through Christian Mission
October 13-14, 2106
Dr. Marilyn McEntyre
Professor of Medical Humanities
Dr. Stephany Schlachter
Uniting Liberal and Professional Learning through Christian Mission aims to reimagine, in light of Christian Mission and the richness of a Christian idea of vocation, the connections between liberal and professional learning in higher education. The workshop will explore how the Christian idea of vocation connects questions of identity or meaning to what we do to help institutions of higher learning conceptualize and articulate anew the relationship between liberal learning and professional study. Specifically, the workshop will address such questions as:
- What can professional degree programs teach liberal arts programs about linking learning with vocation?
- How can liberal arts programs enhance professional training?
- What are best practices for integrating liberal arts and professional programs at church-related institutions?
- What synergies naturally exist between liberal arts and professional degree programs?
- How can an institution’s historic mission or the idea of Christian vocation deepen the relationships that exist already between professional and liberal arts programs?
- How can our schools communicate effectively with critical constituencies and stake holders to dispel the myth that the liberal arts and professional learning are at odds?
- How can stakeholders in the liberal arts and professional schools appropriate, articulate, and animate Christian mission?
Each institution is eligible to register one senior administrator (president, vice president, academic dean, provost, or equivalent) or, given the topic, a relevant administrator. One academic administrator from an LFP Network school may attend the Workshop for Senior Administrators at no cost. Accommodations, meals, and travel reimbursements of up to $600 will be provided for those who register by September 7, 2016. Space is limited; additional participants from member schools will be waitlisted until September 7 and will be enrolled as slots become available after that date.
To download a flyer about the Administrators Workshop, click here
To download a tentative schedule, click here
Venue and Travel Information Is Forthcoming
Learn more about past Administrators Workshops here.