Completed applications for the 2015-2017 Postdoctoral Teaching Fellowships in Humanities and the Arts must be received by no later than Tuesday, November 4, 2013. Application materials must include:
- A curriculum vitae, with educational degrees, teaching experience, and publications.
- Official graduate transcripts from all graduate institutions attended.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- An application essay of not more than 1,000 words that discusses the sources of the candidate's interest in this fellowship program, the candidate's preparation for and dedication to undergraduate teaching, and the candidate's immediate and long-range research interests.
- For applicants in studio art, music, or theater performance, portfolios, audio and/or video recordings and other forms of relevant documentation are welcome (electronic portfolios are preferred). Artistic exhibition, public performance, or production involving undergraduate students may substitute for teaching, at the discretion of the program director. Please email electronic portfolios or video links here or mail portfolios to: Lilly Fellows Program, Valparaiso University, Linwood House 1320 South Chapel Drive, Valparaiso, IN 46383.
Final selection of the Lilly Postdoctoral Fellows is made by a Valparaiso University faculty committee that includes the Program Director.
Finalists will be invited to Valparaiso University for mandatory on-campus interviews on February 6-8, 2015. Up to three postdoctoral fellowships will be awarded.
All application materials except for artistic portfolios should be submitted through Interfolio's ByCommittee service. The Link for submission will be here after September 1, 2014.
For questions regarding application procedures, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 219-464-5317