Eligible candidates for the Lilly Graduate Fellows Program must be nominated by their LFP National Network Undergraduate Institution. Each Network Institution can nominate up to three nominees. To inquire about nomination, please contact the LFP Network Representative at your Undergraduate Institution. You can find your representative's name and contact information here.
Once nominated, the complete application, including all supplementary materials, must be submitted no later than January 12, 2021. Further application instructions are below.
All materials must be received by January 12, 2021, to be considered for the Lilly Graduate Fellows Program.
For an Eligibility FAQ, click here.
1. Complete and submit the Application Form, with the Application Essay, at SlideRoom. Nominees receive a link to the SlideRoom application page in the e-mail from the Lilly Fellows Program National Office informing them of their nomination. This form includes the prompt for the Application Essay. If you need the link to the SlideRoom page, please request this via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 219-464-5317. You can also download a copy of the Application Essay Prompt here.
2. In addition to the Application Form and Application Essay, please also submit the following at the SlideRoom site:
- Electronic transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended.
- CV or Resume
- Three letters of recommendation (recommenders can submit these directly to SlideRoom). For applicants who have attended graduate school, at least one of the three letters must come from the applicant’s undergraduate institution and at least one must come from the applicant’s current graduate program. The letter from the graduate program need not address issues of church-relatedness or Christian faith but rather should address the applicant’s preparation and qualifications for further graduate work.
- MFA, DFA, or DMA Applicants Only: submit portfolios of work on SlideRoom. Be brief but show your best work and include a “Read Me First” document or cover page, if necessary, that provides some orientation and, if appropriate, background information for the material you include. Applicants pursuing an MFA in creative writing must indicate in their Application Essay their intent to continue on to a PhD program in creative writing or in a similar discipline.
If electronic versions of any of these materials are not available or if for some reason cannot be submitted on SlideRoom, please email them here or mail to the following address:
Lilly Fellows Program
1320 South Chapel Drive
Valparaiso, IN 46383