Completed applications for the 2019-2021 Postdoctoral Teaching Fellowships in Humanities and the Arts must be submitted through Interfolio's ByCommittee service no later than Wednesday, January 9, 2019 (a link will appear below in mid September, 2018). Applications accepted after September 12, 2018. Application materials must include:
- A curriculum vitae, with educational degrees, teaching experience, and publications, submitted via Interfolio.
- Transcripts (official or unofficial) from all graduate institutions attended, submitted via Interfolio. Official transcripts will be required for applicants invited to the on-campus interview.
- Three letters of recommendation submitted via Interfolio.
- An application essay, submitted via Interfolio, of not more than 1,000 words that discusses the sources of the candidate's interest in this fellowship program, the candidate's preparation for and dedication to undergraduate teaching, and the candidate's immediate and long-range research interests.
- A brief essay of about 200-300 words, submitted via Interfolio, that addresses the candidate's specific preparation for and interest in teaching in the interdisciplinary Christ College Freshman Program,
- For applicants in studio art, music, or theater performance, portfolios, audio and/or video recordings and other forms of relevant documentation are welcome (electronic portfolios or links to websites are preferred). Artistic exhibition, public performance, or production involving undergraduate students may substitute for teaching, at the discretion of the program director. Please email electronic portfolios or website links here or mail portfolios to: Lilly Fellows Program, Valparaiso University, Linwood House 1320 Chapel Drive South, Valparaiso, IN 46383.
Final selection of the Lilly Postdoctoral Fellows is made by a Valparaiso University faculty committee that includes the Program Director.
Finalists will be invited to Valparaiso University for mandatory on-campus interviews on March 23-24, 2018. Up to three postdoctoral fellowships will be awarded.
The Deadline for Applications is January 9, 2019.
Applications are submitted through Interfolio ByCommittee; To connect to the advertisement and submit the application on Interfolio, click here.
For questions regarding application procedures, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 219-464-5317
Applicants for the 2019-2021 Residential Postdoctoral Fellowships will be contacted regarding the status of their Applications by the first week of March, 2019.